Tiles - building material used for centuries to decorate
from the modest kitchen or bathroom to the magnificent palace.
They combine beauty, practicality and value. And nowadays, the
technological innovations in the manufacturing of tiles bring
endless variety of shapes, colours and finishes.
Why choose tiles for your next project? Here are several reasons
why you should consider them:
1. Versatile: Ceramic and porcelain tiles are high quality industrial
products, suitable for applications outdoor or indoor, in
residential or commercial spaces.
2. Design Potential: The infinite variety of shapes, textures, colours and styles of tiles, offers unlimited possibilities for the creative mind.
3. Low maintenance: Very easy to maintain - often, warm water and neutral cleaners are the only cleaning products required.
4. Durable: Tiles, if installed and maintained properly, are very durable. Compared to floor finishes such as carpet, sheet vinyl and natural hardwood which expected life cycle is 6, 10 and 15 years respectively; porcelain, ceramic and mosaic tile life span is a lot longer - 50 years.
5. Non-toxic: Ceramic tiles contain no VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) that release gas prior to, during, or after installation. Moreover, tiles do not absorb odours from smoke, paint fumes or other contaminants, enhancing indoor air quality.
6. Recyclable: Ceramic tiles are manufactured from natural raw materials and will break down naturally at the end of their life cycle. Additionally, they can be recycled and reused, thus minimizing natural resource use and waste.
7. Resistant: Tiles are resistant to extreme weather conditions, chemicals impact, water, moisture, temperature change and UV rays that makes them a perfect choice for indoor or outdoor use.
Tiles are also fire resistant, they do not create additional combustion materials and do not contribute to the toxic fumes and smoke when a fire occurs.
Not sure if tiles are the right choice for your project? Contact us and we will be happy to help.